Monday, September 16, 2013

Master Bath Reveal


We have really been enjoying our master bathroom.  Since this was a small house, having storage in the newer part of the house has worked out great.  I love the bright and open feel while having calming colors all around.  I love incorporating old and new with a timeless feeling.  I am very drawn to items with character and a history.
Off white cabinetry, black honed granite, black matte knobs (painted this color), Distressed mirrors, porcelain tile with a matte marble look

The cabinetry between the mirrors adds a jewelry drawer and great extra storage. I really like using the black stool for the vanity area instead of a typical vanity chair.

The master shower has subway tile, rain shower head, black and white tile flooring

A roman shade above the bathtub in a similar wall color keeps things simple while adding the practicality of being private when needed.  An old chair from my childhood church is a great place to sit while putting on shoes or placing a towel while bathing.  The clawfoot tub is a classic.  This is a new tub with an old time feel.  I wanted different colored feet.  Therefore, I painted them a black color.  A small table beside the tub is a nice place to light a candle or put anything in reach that you might need while bathing.

An Additional sink area with linen storage makes the space ideal for us.

The beadboard surround adds a little charm to the space.

This is an old cabinet that was built in to someone's house at some point.  The door was originally all wood.  However, I loved the breadboard interior.  Therefore, I cut out the center part of the door and had a piece of glass cut to fit.  I am looking forward to filling it with unique items.

Double glass doors lead to the master closet

Tile floors and a chandelier on each floor add a little pizzazz to the master closet.

We were able to leave the exterior rock wall as one wall in the master closet.  Shelving provides a great place for all of my shoes!

I really like incorporating beautiful pieces that typically might have other uses. Varying heights  give a little more interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment