Monday, September 16, 2013

Master Bedroom


My posts slowed down due to a family emergency.  However, I am back.  I am moving on the the Master Bedroom area.  This section of the house is all new.  We added a Master Bedroom, Bathroom, and closet.  However, we wanted to maintain character.  We used a similar style throughout the house and wanted to have classic finishes that are timeless.  We used reclaimed pine wood floors, used what was the rock exterior of the house as interior walls, and added a horizontal wood wall to the hallway.

Hallway from Original part of the house to the new Master Bedroom

Horizontal wood wall adds old fashion character to the home

This piece was being discarded by a friend when I asked if I could take it.  I painted, distressed, added, knobs, and added feet to it.

This frame was an old door that had been cut in half. It still had the glass in place, so I thought it would be a great frame. The door was $8 and having the picture blown up was $9.  I did paint and distress the door, so it would pop.  The rock wall was the original exterior wall of the house.

Reclaimed pine wood floors help transition from the original pine wood floors to the new portion of the house.
The master bedroom is a good size with 4 windows for natural light.
The headboard is an old door with a top piece off of an old hutch


 A desk doubles as a night stand and a great work area.
I had a mirror added to this old antique frame my parents gave me.  I painted the desk a distressed black finish.  A before picture of the desk is at the end of this post.  

An Antique mirror and dresser act as a good night stand.

This large dresser is great storage.  This piece was built into a closet at one point.  I had to finish one side, add a top piece, trim the top and bottom, add feet, add glass knobs, and give it a new coat of paint.

The bench at the end of the bed received a face lift by adding a seat cover I purchased from Etsy

I purchased this bench full of character at the Round Top/Warrenton Antique Weekend in Texas

This is the before of the desk. It was fine as it was.  However, I like adding my own touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment